Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My 2009 Word...


Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2009? Over at Tip Junkie, Laurie is hosting "Word of the Year"...Check it out HERE.

"A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow."~Qoute on Tip Junkie.

My Word:

Compassionate
~sympathetic consciousness of others' distress
together with a desire to alleviate it ~
I want to be more compassionate towards other people. I have a tendency to get caught up in my own "stuff". I just want to slow down and look around~perhaps I can really help another person. I can make more phone calls, sit down to talk or simply send a card.
Maybe....I can do this...Compassionate.
What's your word?


Photobucket


10 comments:

michelle said...

Great word for 2009! Your blog is dalring! :) I linkled to your blog thru tipjunkie's. :)

Matt and Ricky said...

gangster...I need to be more gangster in 2009

Kasey said...

What a great word. I really like that idea. I will have to check it out over at Tip Junkie.

I like Ricky's word! What a mess!

Have a good day.

Brandy said...

Found your blog through Tip Junkie. I love your word. Mine was INTENTIONAL. Your blog is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Brandy :)

The Bears said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Compassionate is a great word and was high on my list of choices. Good luck.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Good word for 2009! Good luck in finding ways to incorporate it every day! :)
Carrie

Shannon said...

This is a good goal for 09 for me too! I could use some more compassion. Georgia-Kate's room is so cute!

Tara Bennett said...

That is such a great word. Here's to 2009 and many opportunities to show compassion.

Jodee said...

I love the word you picked! I, too, would like to be more compassionate this year. I am good about sending cards but not so good about making a simple phone call!

Your kids are adorable too! It's so nice to meet you in the Land of Blog!

megan said...

I love it. I am thinking about mine right now. Random question- did your first year with your second child go by so much faster than your first year with your first child? I feel like Lala was just born yesterday, but here she is, almost 1...it makes me sad! =)
Blessings,
Megan