I love to decorate for Christmas...and we don't have an Advent Calendar. I kinda want to make one....So, I went out looking for inspiration. I think the kids would really enjoy it. I am not even sure what I would hide inside. So, I need some help....
I L.O.V.E this mitten and hat advent. (Garnet Hill.) I really like the look of this tree. {Pottery Barn}
Isn't this so cute?! {Pottery Barn Kids}
And...these little buckets...may be my favorite. {Garnet Hill}
Which is your favorite?
Does your family have an Advent Calendar?
Do you have any special treasures that you place inside?
You know, I don't think that I've had one of these since I was wee little. And, we used to just buy the paper ones from the store that had chocolate inside. When you opened the little "window" for that day, it had a verse or saying written inside, too.
But, these ideas are so original and I love them! Maybe this year I can remember to have an advent calendar before it's too late! :)
I don't have an advent calendar BUT I was headed to Target later today and was going to pick up their silver & mirrored house shape advent calendar. I love it. I plan on putting 3 chocolates behind each door, one for each of the kids. I love the mitten & Christmas tree ideas. So much fun!!!
I love the little mittens too! And of course Pottery Barn always has great inspirtation! We don't have one this year, but last year we had a Playmobile one and each day the kids opened a little toy piece that went with a Christmas scene. Great ideas!
first off, georgia kate....that is the most precious name ever!!! oh my!
i love advent calenders too. years ago i saw one i loved, not very kid-friendly, but beautiful none the less. it was simply a burlap or linen covered canvas with vintage style numbers. each day had a little key or chandilier crystal, etc hung from it. i always wanted to make onewith scriptures behind the numbers...maybe one day
Hi there- We have an advent calendar. Actually, it was the family one that was used at my parents house when I was growing up. My mom always put candy canes (the tiny ones) in it and had enough for my brother and I each to have one. I was pregnant with my first baby last December, so my mom gave it to me to use. It is one that can be used over and over. I need to take a picture and place it on my blog. Keep checking...i am slack,but will try and post it! Good luck with deciding what to make. Put some yummy candy in it :)
Love these! We don't have one, but I would love one. Have you ever seen a Jesse Tree? Very similar concept. Edie over at Life in Grace (I have her button on my sidebar and am too lazy to get the link right now!!) has a great example and where to get the downloads for free! Go check it out! How's the running??? Any races you're thinking about?
Marci-- We have the Pottery Barn felt tree! I asked for it for Christmas last year. December came too quickly and I hadn't decided what to put in each pocket...now it is up, but empty:( I want to do verses I think....
I am a mother to two beautiful children, Benjamin and Georgia-Kate. I am married to Allen. I am a Student Minister. I am always overwhelmed that God has allowed me to serve Him in full time ministry. I love my teenagers! I like to write about the Wonderful Things in my life: Jesus, my children, my friends and family~or maybe something I bought, decorated or created. I am very blessed. All Things really are Wonderful!
9 comments:
You know, I don't think that I've had one of these since I was wee little. And, we used to just buy the paper ones from the store that had chocolate inside. When you opened the little "window" for that day, it had a verse or saying written inside, too.
But, these ideas are so original and I love them! Maybe this year I can remember to have an advent calendar before it's too late! :)
I don't have an advent calendar BUT I was headed to Target later today and was going to pick up their silver & mirrored house shape advent calendar. I love it. I plan on putting 3 chocolates behind each door, one for each of the kids. I love the mitten & Christmas tree ideas. So much fun!!!
I love the little mittens too! And of course Pottery Barn always has great inspirtation! We don't have one this year, but last year we had a Playmobile one and each day the kids opened a little toy piece that went with a Christmas scene. Great ideas!
So cute! I can't wait to get my Christmas stuff out. I don't know if I will be able to wait until after Thanksgiving!!
XOOX
Jen
first off, georgia kate....that is the most precious name ever!!! oh my!
i love advent calenders too.
years ago i saw one i loved, not very kid-friendly, but beautiful none the less. it was simply a burlap or linen covered canvas with vintage style numbers. each day had a little key or chandilier crystal, etc hung from it. i always wanted to make onewith scriptures behind the numbers...maybe one day
xo
Hi there-
We have an advent calendar. Actually, it was the family one that was used at my parents house when I was growing up. My mom always put candy canes (the tiny ones) in it and had enough for my brother and I each to have one. I was pregnant with my first baby last December, so my mom gave it to me to use. It is one that can be used over and over. I need to take a picture and place it on my blog. Keep checking...i am slack,but will try and post it! Good luck with deciding what to make. Put some yummy candy in it :)
Love these! We don't have one, but I would love one. Have you ever seen a Jesse Tree? Very similar concept. Edie over at Life in Grace (I have her button on my sidebar and am too lazy to get the link right now!!) has a great example and where to get the downloads for free! Go check it out!
How's the running??? Any races you're thinking about?
Hugs!
Susan
Marci--
We have the Pottery Barn felt tree! I asked for it for Christmas last year. December came too quickly and I hadn't decided what to put in each pocket...now it is up, but empty:( I want to do verses I think....
I love all those! There are soooo many creative advent calendars floating around blogland this year! I will make one for next year.
However, I'm starting a new tradition this year as a countdown with books! Here's the link if you haven't seen that before.
http://rhondas3boys.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-countdown-is-on.html
Post a Comment