Saturday, July 14, 2012

Five Days and Counting....


For kingship belongs to the Lord, & He rules over the nations. Psalm 22:28

One of my sweet friends, Jessie, spoke this scripture over our team. What a beautiful reminder.... that Jesus is King! All the Nations really do belong to Him. Like with many mission trips, we have been asked "Why can't you take the gospel around our country?" or "Why Kenya? It's so far." We are going into Kenya with Servant Life because God called us. The answer really is that simple. Last year, we attended a Student Life camp in Orange Beach, AL. While we were at camp, God began to stir Meghan's heart during the Servant Life emphasis. We were sitting next to each other and she looked at me and spoke these words "I have to go to Kenya...Come with me?" I will never forget that moment. I looked and her and simply said "Yes, I will". After much prayer, God began to put our team into place. We are so grateful for his wisdom and mercy. Above in the picture, is a magnet that we passed our family and prayer warriors. We would be honored if you would join us in prayer. We believe that our lives will be forever changed....

 Alleshia at the Servant Life booth, this year at camp.  We were excited and overwhelmed to see your team on the board.
         Kim, Meghan, me and Alleshia.  I love these girls.
I can't wait to serve with them in Kenya.   




No comments: