Friday, July 13, 2012


 As I write this post, I am so overwhelmed. In 6 short days, I will be leaving for a 10 day mission trip in Kenya.  Our team leaves, next Thursday, July 19th.  We have been planning and preparing for this trip for a year.  It will be just a precious time as I am traveling with some of my very best friends in the world.  People who love Jesus and are passionate about taking the gospel of Christ to the nations The trip is hosted by Servant Life, part of Student Life.  We are traveling to the Mattaw Children's Village in Kitale, Kenya.  The pictures that I have posted are just a few of the faces that live at Mattaw.  There are currently 55 children that are no longer orphaned because they have been placed.  They are "adopted" into families of 12 and live with parents at Mattaw.  We will spend out time loving on these sweet children.  We will also have the opportunity to go into Kitale to visit some schools, a resucue center and potential children who may move into Mattaw.   We just want to be the hands and feet of Christ...taking his love...and the message of the gospel to Kitale, Kenya.  Please pray for our team.  I am excited to share about our trip.  Maybe even from Kitale! 






No comments: