2 years ago
Friday, July 20, 2012
Destination Kitale, Kenya
Romans 10:13-15
For everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.
But how are people to call upon Him Whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in Him [adhere to, trust in, and rely upon Him] of Whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without a preacher? And how can men preach unless they are sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of those who bring glad tidings. How welcome is the coming of those who preach the good news of His good things.
We are off on our journey to take the love of Christ to Kenya. We are so blessed to have many prayer warriors, friends and family interceding for us. Last Night, we were commissioned and prayed over by our sweet church family and a host of other loved ones. Bro. Scott challenged and encouraged us with the verses from Romans 10:13-15. We take the good news of the gospel of Christ--so that they may hear. It's overwhelming to consider that we have beautiful feet. I certainly don't always feel worthy to take such wonderful news--the story of Jesus. However, I know that I will find strength and power in Christ. We weren't given the option to go or not. We were commanded to go. Our team answered the call with a simple--"Yes Lord".
We were bid a sweet farewell, this morning, by many of our friends and family. My sweet Benjamin was a little emotional. Georgia-Kate asked me to stay with her. After I explained why we had to go, she said "Go tell those kids about Jesus, Mama". And with that command from a 4-year old, we were off. We left home in plenty of time to make a Starbucks stop. Jeff, the only guy on our team,thought he needed an extra shot of caffeine to handle all of us girls. We arrived in plenty of time to check our bags and make the appropriate weight adjustments. We only had one bag that was over weight. Not too bad--since we checked 10 bags. We were pleasantly surprised when we didn't have to pay for any of our extra bags. We expected to pay for the extra 4 bags. God is faithful to continue to bless us.
As I write this update, I am sitting on a plane to Atlanta without my team. I left all of my medicine at home. I realized I had left my small bag on the bathroom counter when I opened my backpack in security. So....after a little anxiety and few tears, we formed a plan. I quickly called Allen. He drove home and checked the counter. Yes, there sat my bag. He was so very calm and just began driving to the airport. However, there was no chance he could make it before our flight left. I quickly called Rama, my second mom. :) Rama always knows just what to do. I knew she could figure out a way to ship my meds to Mattaw. I totally forgot that she was out of the church office. That's went the panic set in and my tears began to flow. I don't even know why I panicked. I know God is in control. Kim quickly called Danielle, at the Servant Life office. She was so quick to help us talk through the options of shipping. (Danielle is just a blessing to our team!) After realizing that they would take several days to arrive. Allen suggested that I take a later flight. I never even considered that! Good thinking, Allen. So...needless to say. I caught a later flight and will meet up with the team in Atlanta. When I approached the ticket agent, she responded with "there is another flight...but getting a seat out of Northwest Arkansas on a Thursday...chances are not good". Again, God is faithful. There was a seat. She was so surprised and didn't even charge me for the ticket change. Allen arrived just in time, I was able to get my bag and get back through security...with 5 minutes to spare. Whew! God must be teaching this Type A personality of mine....that he really is control of this trip. The pilot just announced that we are making our final decent. We are 20 minutes early. How great is that?! We have two hours until out flight to Amsterdam.
Thank you prayer warriors. Keep praying!
UPDATE: We just arrived in Amsterdam. It's 3:15am in the US. It is currently 10:15 here. Next stop--Nariobi, Kenya.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
What a wonderful journey Marci! May the Lord touch the hearts of the people of Nariobi through you.
Our message is not about ourselves. We are proclaiming Jesus Christ, the Master. All we are is messengers, errand runners, for Jesus sake.
2 Cor. 4
Post a Comment