Wednesday, July 18, 2012

From the Word...

Then you will call upon me and come and pray, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all of your heart. Jeremiah 29:12-13


We all know the words from Jeremiah 29:11..."I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."  If you are like me, you haven't spent much time sitting in the verses that follow.  I stand on the promise, this morning, that the Lord will hear me and I will find Him as I seek him with all of my heart.  When I don't spend time distracted by all the pretty things of the world and really seek Him--I will know the HIM more.  Isn't it so easy to fall into the enemy's trap as he throws all the stuff of the world at us?!  I know it is for me.  I am often disappointed with myself because I plan not to fall into those traps and then I do.  Walk right into it.  However, I am thankful and for the grace and mercy of the cross. I find my hope in Jesus.  Even when I mess up and must confess before Him--he is loving and quick to forgive me.


We are leaving for Kenya, in the morning.  My prayer is simply that we will call upon His name and seek Him.  This trip is not about me or anyone else on the team.  It is all for God's glory. May we take the gospel and be led by Him. 

For more about our trip, you can also check out Meghan's blog.


2 comments:

Ruthie said...

So proud of you that you are following God's command. I will definitely follow your blog and will pass it on.

Susan Hood said...

He is soooo faithful! So proud of you for taking a later flight as well. Praying, praying, praying! Sweet hugs to all of you! Let me know if there is anything else I need to do.
Hugs!!
Susan