We chose a fresh Christmas Tree, this year. There is something special about a fresh tree. It smells so good. We haven't had a fresh tree for several years. I can barely wait to decorate it. It's beautiful. Do you use a fresh tree or have a special tree tradition...Do tell! I would love to know. Christmas Trees are one of my favorite parts of the holiday season!






11 comments:
That tree is beautiful!
When I was little it was so fun to go on the hunt. Now, all my boys know are the artificial trees. I may just have to keep that in mind next year and get a fresh one! I love trees too. One way to help get the smell into my home is by bringing in cuttings of a tree by our home. I get the smell, but not as much mess.
Where did you buy yours from?
Well... my husband grew up with real trees and would LOVE a real tree. But, my allergies don't allow for one, so fake it is. But, I refuse to have an icky looking fake tree, so I always make sure I get a really nice one. This year, we're in our new home with nice, tall ceilings, so I traded in my 7 1/2 ft one for a 9 ft one and it is so pretty! Happy Decorating. Can't wait to see what it looks like!
How exciting! That is a fabulous tree!
It looks great! And, since I live with my parents and I do my own Christmas tree thing, I stick with fake and pre-lit. Typical college student, huh?
We have actually never had a real tree. We had a real tree one year growing up because our real one didn't fit in our rent house. :) I think they are so pretty though!
You are making me want to get rid of our fake one. Beautiful tree.
fresh trees are amazing! Mine is fake... But my favorite part of christmas is the cards!
Oh my goodness I LOVE that you have a real tree! From the time I was little I had a fresh tree my whole life. The tradition in my family was to go to the tree lot, pick out our tree and then afterwards, play hide n' go seek in the tree lot! THEN, I got married ... and lived in an apt. And we could not have a real tree. It made me oh so sad. But THEN we moved into a house and our first year there, had a real tree. And I LOVED it. They smell fantastic, it almost knocks you over when you walk in the house. And I love it. But THEN, we got a very large dog. And I didn't want him having the urge to eat pine. So alas, we have a fakey now. BUT my mom, step dad and little brother and sister (they're twins and 10) still get a real one, and me, my hubs, my brother and his wife still go with them ... and still play hide n' go seek. And it makes me happy. Go real trees!!!
Love your tree! We had a real one from the tree farm until last year(18 years worth!)! It was very hard to find a Saturday to go with all of the sports going on! When yours get older, you'll know what I'm talking about!! I miss the smell of them. But I don't miss the sticky stuff on the fingers and the prickles when trying to take the tree down! :)
I loved your comment on my blog! Austin plays with the sr. high boys, and the ONLY time slot available for bb practice is at 9!! It's crazy! We're usually all in bed by 10! But, this is for only a season....and I wouldn't trade those sweet talks after practice and fixing his suppper--again!--for anything. He's growing up too fast! Wonder if I can put a brick on his head??
Love ya!
Susan
Hey, I just wanted to let you know, my boys said they both want a real tree next year, so I will be doing that for one of the trees. Also, I went to Lowes today, filled up a shopping cart full of trimmings and loaded them into my trunk! FREE for my mantel, and so many more places! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It smells so good and will look beautiful! Hopefully I can post about it soon!
Post a Comment