Wednesday, December 9, 2009

No worries...

This a busy and wonderful time of year. However, aren't we all a little stressed with our holiday "to do" list?! And...busyness of life does not come to halt during the Christmas season. Many of us will deal with unexpected situations or problems in the midst of all the shopping and parties. Life just isn't always easy. However, there is always hope. I am reminded, today, that our God is in control.
"Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today" {Matthew 6:34}.
We can't always control what each day brings...an illness in our family, a tough financial situation, a broken relationship...but, we can control our reaction. Are you worried? Ask God to provide...and then choose to trust in His goodness.
"But, I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully to me" Psalm 13:5-6
Today, may I trust in the goodness of my Lord. Time spent worrying is a waste of my ability to serve Him.


5 comments:

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Marci! I loved this--and so needed to hear those scriptures this morning!!
Hugs!
Susan

Anonymous said...

ah love this! matthew 6:24 is like my life verse!

megan said...

Thank you for sharing!! =) Very encouraging. Totally on track with the crazyness in our lives.

Bless you!
Megan

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

What a nice post at this busy time of the year! Take care!

Shannon said...

Amen!! Perfect post for this time of year. I needed this!