Yesterday afternoon, we went a local Toys for Tots drop off. My mom bought toys and invited us to come along. Benjamin and Georgia-Kate really enjoyed it. I was so proud. They both dropped the gifts without any selfish words or tears. My brother, sister and I have been blessed by parents who model true giving. They have always and still share with others. Thank you, Mom, for continuing to be a great model for my children. Benjamin really understood that some children don't received many gifts at Christmas. May we all remember those who have less than we do, this holiday season. It doesn't have to be much...but isn't really better to give than receive?!
My six-year old is to go to the store and purchase a new toy that she wants and then take it to school to be given to Bright Horizons. Bright Horizons is a group that helps women and their children get away from abusive homes. For Erica to giveaway a toy that she really wants is going to be a huge challenge for her, but well worth it in the end.
I am a mother to two beautiful children, Benjamin and Georgia-Kate. I am married to Allen. I am a Student Minister. I am always overwhelmed that God has allowed me to serve Him in full time ministry. I love my teenagers! I like to write about the Wonderful Things in my life: Jesus, my children, my friends and family~or maybe something I bought, decorated or created. I am very blessed. All Things really are Wonderful!
3 comments:
OH, how I love this! What beautiful life lessons you are instilling in those precious children.
Hugs!
Susan
This is such a great way to give at Christmas. We were stationed on a Marine Corp base, and I always loved being a part of Toys for Tots - still do.
My six-year old is to go to the store and purchase a new toy that she wants and then take it to school to be given to Bright Horizons. Bright Horizons is a group that helps women and their children get away from abusive homes. For Erica to giveaway a toy that she really wants is going to be a huge challenge for her, but well worth it in the end.
Post a Comment